Making contact with the churches in these Nordic countries required God’s hand from the start. I did not know anyone in these nations and the people I knew, who thought they knew people here, were not able to connect me with them. I knew that the way in which the doors to Greenland and the Faroes were opened for me was grace from God.
I never felt I had the right to expect hospitality or blessing from anyone. But after seeing what God did in Greenland it was really strange for me to see how the contact that I had with believers in Iceland seemed to deminish, rather than increase. When I did my google searches while still in SA the only prayer related person I could find in Iceland was an American. From his blogs he seemed to be a missionary of sorts that was involved in a 24/7 prayer initiative in Iceland. I wrote to him and he responded so positively that it seemed as if the door was open.
Off I went to Greenland, and while there I started writing to him to ask about arrangements but did not get any responce. Three days before I left Greenland I wrote to him again in one last attempt. He answered with one line saying I should contact Baldur. He gave me Baldur’s facebook link and when I asked him he also sent me a phone nr for Baldur and one for Gudrun. I wrote to Baldur on 30/7 and told him I would be in Iceland the next evening. I also tried to call him on the number the American gave, but was told by a friendly Icelander that I had the wrong nr.
Baldur wrote back on Facebook to say he was not in town but I could ask Gudrun, who doesn’t speak much English, to open the prayer room for me. So when I arrived in Iceland I had Gudrun’s number and that was it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment