Wednesday, August 13, 2008

13/8 Day 23: Cornwall – England

(Written at an internet café in Plymouth, England)

I had a comparatively early breakfast at 7am and headed for Land’s End in gale force winds and gusts of rain. When I got there it stopped raining for a bit and I could get out to take a bit of a walk along the cliffs. I found a place that was a bit sheltered from the wind and sat there to wait for the Lord. I was tired and sore somehow, and it felt as if I could feel the patient endurance with which Cornwall has persevered touching me out of the rocks around me. I hugged a big round rock and cried my heart out, like on a friend’s shoulder.

I felt the Spirit warning me to go back to the car and I was not there for long before it started raining again. I sat there in the car and read the whole book of Revelations. It came easy enough. What stood out was the patient endurance. With that in mind it was slightly easier to accept that one of my “PEACE” socks that I had washed in the morning and had in the back window somehow disappeared when I opened the boot at Land’s End. The wind took my peace-sock, but not my Peace…

From there I went to David and Vivian who live in the way to Lizard point. They are prayer leaders in Cornwall and the Lord has been using them to build a prayer network with more than 150 prayer groups all over Cornwall. Vivian is Cornish and David is English. We had two beautiful hours of sharing about what we are doing, what we have seen the Lord doing, about Cornwall, England, the end of the Earth and pleasing Jesus.

They blessed me to take stones from Cornwall and from England, and to pray for the revelation of the Sons of God in their nations.

I had to hand in the car in Plymouth at 1pm. It was about 2.5 hours drive from them to Plymouth and I only left after 12:00. In my rush I forgot to take my diary where I had ask David to write their address for me. It was raining on the way and suddenly a car before me stopped to turn right. I very very nearly made a very bad accident! Thanks for your prayers for protection.

In Plymouth I struggled about 40 minutes to find the train station where the Europcar office is. On the way as I asked for directions I was told twice to use the burned-out church as a landmark. I started wondering if I was struggling so in order that the Lord could show me the burnt-out condition of the church here – the landmark looks like a 15th century church ruins.

So I was LATE returning the car! But the Lord took care of it and they did not charge me extra. I took my time to evacuate the car which had been my little safety bubble this past week. I felt as if I was leaving a friend.

From the unhelpful station I wondered the spiritual wilderness of Plymouth looking for an internet café. Between the girl with ‘free sex’ written on her breast, all the vile tattoos and piercings, the cat fight on the street corner and the drugs in people’s eyes all the beautiful shops full of trendy people looked vulgarly materialistic. The little man from Salvation Army standing quietly with pamphlets to hand out was almost shining like a light in the middle of this. I had to go up to him and encourage him a bit and he encouraged me saying Jesus is Lord and every knee shall bow.

A long search brought me to this café where I have now written 3 hours. Now I’ll go to the harbor to catch the ferry to France

No comments: