Sunday, August 10, 2008

8/8 Day 18: Scotland – Northern Ireland

(Written at bright and clean internet café in Killarney between 9-11pm 10/8)

After only 3 hours of sleep I staggered out of bed at 6:30 to shower and pack and rush for the ferry harbour. Before I left Yolanda and Mariette found me a stone from their garden and blessed me again very profoundly. They also explained the road to Troon where the ferry left from.

So in morning rush-hour I made my way through a maze of Scottish country lanes and little traffic circles. I got lost only 3 times and the Spirit kept me calm and against all odds I made it in time for the ferry and could relax.

During the 140 minute ferry trip the Lord started speaking to me about Ireland. In the spirit I saw a very sick and wounded young man. At first I thought it was Jesus himself, but then I realised that it was the state of the sons of God in Ireland. The young man was so sick he could not respond – as if in a stupor.

On arrival in Larne, just north of Belfast in Northern Ireland, I found a place on the rocky beach to blow the Shofar, make the proclamations and tell Ireland the gospel. When I asked if I could take the stones I perceived Ireland to give two responses too (like Iceland). At first I became aware of Ireland as an almost pathologically despondent woman with severe post-traumatic symptoms. I felt as if she had been abused so severely she did not have a mind or a vocabulary to respond to my question. I wondered if she did not understand me, and asked the Lord for translators. He said she did understand, and then I felt the other, deeper response of peaceful almost happy acceptance and welcome for me and the gospel I am bringing.

When I got into the car to drive north from there I had the feeling that I had the sick young man and the despondent woman with me in the spirit as I drove. I slowly started understanding that the conflict and all the bloodshed in Northern Ireland was between the Catholics and the Protestants there. These are supposed to be the Sons of God and they have fed the Earth a diet of hate, dissention, betrayal, and idolatry. When I asked her if she wanted the sons of God to be revealed she was not so sure this would be a good thing.

My first destination was the northern-most tip of Northern Ireland (UK) which is close to Coleraine. There is a very famous tourist attraction here called Giant’s Causeway that has special stone formations. I intended to go there to pray, but so did 2000 other tourists right at that minute, so I re-evaluated and went into a farmer’s land which reaches to the actual northern point.

I spent about an hour in this little paddy at the edge of the world waiting for the Lord. I still had the two patients with me in the spirit and I felt like I had to just wait there for a while sitting on a stone. I finally had an understanding that the actual island of Ireland (which is one) was the entity that accepted the gospel happily and was free with its stones. The two patients were spiritual entities/pictures relating to the people and the nation of Northern Ireland.

On continuing from there I was very tired, and I had to drive westward towards the actual northern most point of the whole island. My plan was to sleep on the Northern Ireland side of the border between the Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland at a town called Culmore, close to Londonderry. From the paddy I had about 2 hours to drive and it was already after 5pm.

The sun was setting in my eyes and I had a hard time keeping them open. At one point I rubbed them and there must have been something really bad on my finger because I had a severe allergic attack in my right eye. I had to stop, wash my eye and put in some eye drops. Examination in the mirror revealed that a blister-like swelling had formed under the ‘skin’ of the white of my eye right around the iris. It burned like crazy. Just about then I got an sms from Trudy: saying that she sees me in peace like after a victory riding into a town on a gold decorated white horse with a white & gold banner. And Ps 112.

With my stinging painful eye I spent about an hour driving around Culmore, Londonderry and the surrounding countryside looking for accommodation for the night. There was some big event in town and EVERYTHING in Northern Ireland was full.

I was so tired and sorry for myself and really crying out to the Lord. I finally crossed the non-event border to Ireland proper. The 4th B&B that turned me away told me about 2 others right around the corner from her. As I drove up to them I begged the Lord that if there was a child of Him in one of these that they would open for me.

I drove up to the first one and was greeted by a friendly three-legged mongrel that looks like a cross between a middle-size poodle and a collie. The dog had the most understanding eyes and I really felt it cared about my destitute condition. I knocked in the door but there was no answer, although it was clear that someone must be at home – and in the bath I concluded.

I walked to the B&B next door, but she was full too, so I came back to the first one and cried heartily on the dog’s shoulder. I was just explaining to the dog that the Lord has never failed me yet, when the mistress came around the corner. She had seen me through the window after taking a bath. Every motherly response came to the fore when she found me crying, and she agreed that I could sleep in her son’s room.

She nurtured me back into shape and sent me to bed early and grateful.

No comments: