(Written at an internet cafe in Tessaliniki)
I had as good as night on the deck as one could hope for - we were assigned airplane style seats on a large room and everyone found laces on the thick carpet. I had my sleeping bag and my surgical mask for the smoke from the lounge next door, and I slept fine. I did feel a bit vulnerable though and pinned all my valuables like my cards and passport to the inside of my pajama pants.
At about 6am I saw a pink light through the window and thought I'd better go see what the Creator was doing about dawn on the Aegeian See this day. So I packed up my bed and everything and went to sit on the deck to watch the sun make its way through a thick pink hase out of which little islands were appearing and disappearing as time whent by.
We landed in Patras at around 12am and I found a quiet place to blow the shofar and make the declarations in an derelict railway yard next to the ferry harbour. The only people around were a hunted looking group of about 20 young Albanian men who seemed to expecting the police to come for them any minute.
When I told the gosple to Greece I saw a whole group of little old Greek widdows dressed in black, comming to me bent-over with tearstained faces bringing stones. I felt the represented every little island (Greece has many) and that the were like the Joel 1 widdow crying for the husband of her youth.
It was very hot and after I bought my train ticket and knew I had an hour to wait I walked around one block in an attempt to find a tourist office or an internet cafe. When this did not proove successfull I sought refuge from the heat in the airconditioned station rather than a cafe where I would have to spend money.
I asked Ethie to make me a booking for Athens too, and the whole journey from the Patras to the Hotel in the South of Athens was riddled with challenges and godly outcomes: including an angel from Bungladesh who guided me through the Greek maze of public transport in Athens and many other helping hands allong the way. I arrived at the quaint littel hotel by the beach at arround 8pm, and rushed to get checked in so I could call George Tsafandakis in South Africa.
George is Anita's son in law and he is Greek. He was so kind to agree to stand in for the believers in Greece. So, while the sun was setting I stood a the telephone booth and submitted the vision to him, after which he prayed with me. In prayeing for the Sons of God to be revealed in Greece he saw a vision of a person in a while robe standing in a place like a court room. He felt that this had to do with the way the Greeks pride themselves in their ability to reason, and that the Lord wanted to touch the judicial and governmental areas of Greek society by revealing His Son there in various ways.
After speaking to George I called Renata, an old colleague and friend of mine that I used to work with in Jerusalem. She is Swiss and aggreed to stand in for the church in Switzerland. It was good to speak to her because we share allot in our frame of reference and it did not take any time at all to explain what I was doing and get her permission and blessing.
By now it was quite dark, and I found a mini-market for some dinner which I ate on the hotel's balcony overlooking the street below. There I saw various dramas including a woman laying down infront of a bus and the bus just passing her, and all the other 50 cars including a police car just passing her, until finally two men went and picked her up and got paramdecs to look at her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment