(Written at an internet Café in Graz, Austria 19/8)
Kracow
Oriana and Wolfgang have many Polish friends and aquintances and they somehow connected me with the Stojowscy family in Krakow. Originally I would have stayed over with them, but when I realised that Jola only had the evening to spend time with me I made a breakfast date with the Stojowscys.
So after Jola packed me a fenominal snack-pack we went to the bus station from where she had to leave and waited there for Karol Stojowsky to collect me. Everything went very smooth and soon I found myself trying to explain myself to a very polite and interested listener as Karol drove to his home with me.
Karol is the only one in the family who speaks some languages I also speak. Because we where introduced from the German side we started off speaking German, but soon realised that we are both more comfortable in English. His parents speak some French, but my Frensh is not good enough to maintain any sort of easy conversation.
While I was staying with the Stock family in 1991 their one friend married a polish man and I came with them to the wedding in Kracow to look after the children. Oriana and I stayed with the Stojowscy family then, and Mrs Stojowsky, Magdalena, could still remember me since then!
On arrival in their appartment Karol and I found his parents nailed to the TV screen. It was the final momnets of the olimpics vollyball game between Poland and Russia. We waited a little for the end of the game (which Poland won) and then we had breakfast. Karol could explain to his parents what he understood sofar from what I told him. And they could ask questions.
They are a devoted catholic family and I realised that some of the things I was saying was somehow strange to them (although, coming to think of it, its somehow strange to many non-catholics too). But I could feel a connection in the spirit, and they agreed to give me a stone from Magdalena’s collection of beach stones she collected on the North Coast of Poland. Krysztof, the father, looked into my eyes and said that he felt this what I was doing was very importand.
At 9am Krysztof had to go to work and Magdalena also started to get ready to go out. So I was left in the gentle care of Karol. I never asked him how old he is or what he does or anything. I assume he is a student, not older than 25. But he speaks a fluent English, German and French and who knows what els and he has cycled arounf the southern end of South America.
But from the moment I met him I felt like a punctured damwall. The hunger for God in him made me want to download my whole spiritual and mental database in the hour or so we had before he had to go for an appointment and I had to start reading Revelations. I felt the Lord said He had brought me to one of His most special treasures in Kracow. As I was looking at the light of the passionfire of the Spirit of God hanging over Karol like a cloud I felt that he was like an ignitable fuel that will ignite any second now. God is very exsited about the youth in Poland and there is much hope.
When he went for his appointment I could close the door of a bedroom in their appartment behind me and give Revelations a good bash. Time was a little short so I had to read as fast as possible. Being so close to Auswich gave the whole reading a different light. I was aware that there are huge bad things going on in the heavenlies around me, and the words were addressing them, but somehow I was not involved in the proses. I was just the voice, like the breath in the throught of a very powerfull Worrior. The breath does not have to concern itself with the effect of the soundwaves it produces… Even so, by Rev 22 my whole body was engaged by the Spirit, and everything in me, and in the earth around me witnessed with the cry: Amen, come Lord Jesus.
Karol came back to take me to the station, and there was a quick 10 minutes for me to check my emails and see if someone in Hungary replied. The only email there was an offer from a youth hostel in Budapest in response to my enquiry the previous evening. So I confirmed a booking with them. In packing all my bits I saw the communion elements that the believers in Wales gave me and urged me to take every day. I knew I had to take some right away and I could feel the medicine restoring whatever spiritual strength was taken during the Rev reading. Poor Karol was a bit shocked about this, and it took me most of the walk to the station to try and explain how I can just do that with no priest involved.
On the station I prayed for Karol and it felt like I was greeting an old dear friend when I got on the train. I really felt that by showing him to me God was showing me a picture of His hope for the youth of Poland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment