It was past midnight when the pilot announced that we would land in 20 minutes’ time with turbulence common to the Faroes expected. What followed was one of the bumpiest rides I ever had in air. None of the other passengers looked worried so I assumed that it was normal for them, but I was very glad when we finally landed and came to a bobbing halt.
I had prayed about the Faroes during the flight and felt that they are a special flock in the heart of the Good Shepherd. He gave me Ps23 for them and I felt that while they knew a lot of darkness they had discovered the safety of resting in His arms.
The minute I came out of the airport and felt strong fresh wind on my face I had the sense that I had somehow come ‘home’. The peace that suddenly surrounded me in the midst of the wind made Iceland’s windless grayness look like a tornado of great violence. There was a silence and a clearity in my thoughts that stood in strong contrast to what now looked like a screeming confusion in Iceland. I almost did not feel the need to tell the Gosple to the soil, it seemed soaked with the good news and I had the sence that the Faroe Islands had been waiting for an opportunity to testify of this for some time.
I got onto the bus and when we departed to Torshavn I called Sanna to let her know when to expect me. It was almost an hour’s bus ride and long past 1am when we arrived in Torshavn. And there Sanna and a friend was waiting for me.
Sanna is the founder and leader of the YWAM base in the Faroes. She is 2 years younger than my mother and has spent her whole life in full-time ministry. She is a lady with great spiritual autority and yet she made me sleep in her bed while she slept on the sofa in the living room. Somehow this introduction was telling of the humbling honour with which everyone and everything I met in the Faroes seemed to view this mission.
Torshavn is the capital and it is on Streymoy, the biggest island in the Faroes. The first appointment for me to address a group was on an island to the east of Streymoy, called Bordoy. So even though we only got to bed after 2am we had to be at the bus station at 9am. The bus wove its way allong the little roads between steep mountains and long fingers of sea that seem to penetrate each valley. They say you can never be more than 5km from the sea on any of these islands. Everything is very green and there are sheep everywhere. The islands are quite close to each other and are either connected by bridges, undersea tunnels or ferries.
The bus brought us to Klaksvik on Bordoy where we joined a breakfast prayer meeting at one of the ‘free’(as anything other than Lutheren is called) chrurches on the island. They also experienced a revival here recently and most of the group were young people. After enjoying some breakfast with them, I explained my mission and my request to them. While I was talking one of the young men went out and drove home to fetch a specific stone the Lord reminded him of. He had been to an open-air worship meeting on the island Eysturoy at a little town called Eduvik. While worshiping a little stone cought his eye and he felt he had to take it as memory of what he was experiencing. The minute he heard about me taking stones to Jerusalem he knew that that stone had to go allong. They also gave me a stone from Bordoy and prayed for me and blessed me. Sanna then told them what I had told her about the ‘spiritual tornado’ I experienced in Iceland and she encouraged them to pray for Iceland.
After the meeting we had some more coffee and took the bus back to Torshavn. After a quick lunch at Sanna’s place there we went to the next meeting that was hosted Ossa, by a lady who has a big love for Israel. Here the young people were in the minority and as Ossa prayed to open the meeting I felt that the people assembled where ones with great spiritual authority in their nation, and even amoung the nations. They heard my story with great and very humbling interest. It felt as if they understood some things about what I was telling them that I have not even grasped myself. They agreed to my requests for a stone and for a blessing and for a message for Zion from the ends of the Earth. When they prayed for me in Faroese I could feel the different types of weights that their prayers had. It felt like one lady layed a big heavy thing like a cloak on me in the spirit, and then the prayer of another one lifted the weight off my own shoulders and put it on Jesus shoulders. I got Isa 52:7 and a young man, the only man there, had a vision about how the stones where building Israel into a very big mountain.
They blessed me in every way until I felt I could not contain it anymore. I really had the sence of being in heaven somehow, even though I did not understand much of what they were saying in the physical, it felt as if I could understand them in my heart, and my heart was healed and grown by it. Everytime one of them touched me it felt as if they emparted something, and as if something went out from me to them in return.
My soul was satisfied in a specail way as we drove over the mountain in the beautiful golden sunset to go to Vagar, the island where I would spend the rest of my time in the Faroes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment