Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nuuk

See how amazing God is:
When I was praying about the rout of this Highway Elizabeth, Lize and Elsa all felt that it should actually start in Canada. One of the reasons for this is that the first rout the gospel took over the Atlantic was via Iceland and Greenland to a point in North America - probably where Newfoundland is in Canada. I did not have any anointing to believe for the amount of money and trouble it would take to get a Canadian visa and rout the Highway via Newfoundland. But, before long Lanie announced that she being sent by her job to Newfoundland for training, and she agreed to bring me a stone from there. This was one of God’s amazing confirmations that He wanted this Highway to go on during a time that my fait was growing thin on the ground – but there was no connection with the church from there, and they did not agree to their stone going, or bless its going…

In the meantime I was earnestly seeking contact with the church in Greenland. Pieter had a man by the name of Errol Martins on the JHOPFAN database as a representative for Greenland at one of the previous ANCJs, but he did not have any contact info. I googled ‘Errol Martins’ and found him to be the head of the YWAM base in Greenland. It took me a turn on some-one else’s blog and facebook to discover that Errol actually lives in Canada and does regular outreaches from there to Greenland. He responded to my request for help by putting me in touch with John of Nuuk. Although John did not respond to my first email requesting direction, he really went the extra mile when I approached him with my accrual arrival date and travel plans. So even though he would not be in Greenland during the time I was here he arranged places for me to stay for the length of my time here.

Dan and Gudrun, the Danish pastor and his wife who collected me from the airport in Nuuk are standing in for John and his wife while they are on holiday. John only told them that I would be coming and that they should accommodate me – they did not know anything about me or my mission. That morning at the church service they were approached by the couple from Qaanaaq who had offered for me to stay in their house in Qaanaaq while they are on Holiday in Nuuk. This Inuit couple wanted to make sure they make contact with me before I left Nuuk again so Dan and Gudrun invited them to dinner that evening to meet me. Also in the house was Joyce Martins, Errol Martin’s wife, who had come to Greenland from Canada to help her friend with a youth outreach, and who would fly back to Canada about the same time as I would fly on from Nuuk to Ilulissat.

So Sunday evening, my first evening in Greenland, I was met and welcomed by believers from the two ‘ends of the earth’ at the beginning of this Highway: Canada and Qaanaaq. After I explained the vision to them Joyce agreed to stand-in for Canada. I gave her the stone Lanie brought from Newfoundland and she prayed for the revelation of the sons of God in Canada and gave it back to me to take to Mnt Zion.

The believers from Qaanaaq also assumed their position as priests for God in the place where He placed them. They gave me permission to leave the 40 stones from Mnt Zion in the north of Greenland, and they blessed me to take a stone from there to go to Jerusalem to cry out for the revelation of the Sons of God.

It was awesome to see how the Lord brought all of this together, because even if I might have know that this is the ideal, there was absolutely no way in which I could have arranged this with human skills.

We spent much of the time in Nuuk around the dinner and breakfast tables wondering about the amazing way in which the grace of God manifests in letting people be blessings to each other. One of the amazing pictures that emerged looked like this: Dan and Gudrun, who are now pasturing a congregation in Denmark, were the missionary couple who was at this congregation in Nuuk before Johan took over. They were in Nuuk 24 years ago when Errol Martins bade his first visit to Greenland. They where the first believers he found and they opened the door for Errol and his family’s ministry in Greenland. The Martins family spent more than a decade in Greenland after which they returned to Canada to face a very difficult time during which they nearly gave up on Greenland. God’s answer to their prayers came in the form of a connection with another couple with a counselling ministry who are pilots and able to fly wherever they need to go in Greenland. It was this Errol and this couple’s outreach to Qaanaaq that saw the couple, in whose house I will be staying, saved among the first born-again believers in Qaanaaq 3 years ago. It was also one of the first times that Joyce Martins returned to Greenland after the hard time they had on their return to Canada. And it was Dan and Gudrun who opened the door for her - just as they had done for Errol in June 24 years ago.

These things excite me so much! The testimony of His awesome deeds in our behalf comes with so much healing and restoration to the teller and the hearer. ‘They were saved by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony.’

No comments: