Thursday, July 24, 2008

About SMSes

I arrived in Qaanaaq on Wednesday last week and really appreciated the compulsory solitude and weather induced rest. I was a bit surprised that I got so few SMSes on my Greenland number, because I was faithfully sending SMSes to Nelia who would have sent it out. Not knowing she never received my SMSes I thought everybody was in agreement that I should be left alone, and left it at that. It was only on Sunday, when I sent various SMSes to different people with direct questions and did not get a single response that I started realizing that there must be something wrong. Then I had to wait till Monday to find internet somewhere and send the bulk sms myself. The only place available was the office computer of the Tourism office, where the lady allowed me to use it for an hour at a price.

No comments: