Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ilulissat's blessing

The flight arrived early in Ilulissat and I waited about 5 minutes for Kurt and Liz to come. Against the more arid north Ilulissat is almost a lush paradise of green. It was good to be back in the same place as I was 2 weeks ago. I could feel a dramatic change in the way I looked at everything in Ilulissat. The time in the north has allowed Greenland to touch me and change me. I have grown in love, understanding and respect for this nation and its people.

After we had some coffee, I took their advice and went to bed for an hour while they fixed dinner. They had invited a couple of the leaders of the congregation to eat with us and were expecting them at 7pm. I managed to sleep but this cold-like thing in my nose and ears is still bothering a bit. Please pray for me for health.

The leader couple came and we ate and then Liz suggested that I tell them what I’m doing. Kind Kurt had to interpret again, and he did a very good job. After my time of sharing in Upernavik I was also confident of what these leaders was finding in their translations of the scriptures as I was pointing them out to them. I also emphasised to them the importance of the scriptures about the people’s at the ends of the earth for the people of Greenland. They received the word, and accepted my submission to their authority as God’s priests here in Greenland. They also agreed to give me a stone and to bless me on my way.

We went to there house for coffee after dinner where we met there children, and shared a bit about the issues facing the church in Greenland. Then the man took his guitar and they lead in Greenlandic worship after which they prayed for me and gave me a stone along with a little red sealskin pouch for the stones from Greenland.

The Lord is very Good!

No comments: