After a very relaxed day of much resting to try and get rid of a sudden sore thought that struck during the night last night, Nuunu and I went to Heldora and Akadu’s house for their weekly meeting. The group did not have meetings during the summer vacation so far and this was the first meeting they had in about a month. When about 15 people were together they started with Greenlandic worship that Heldora led. Many of the songs they sang they have composed themselves and it was very beautiful.
After the worship they gave me some time to explain what I’m about. Nuunu and I had gone through it very thoroughly in the morning to make sure she understood everything, that the scriptures say similar things in their Bible and that I would not be using concepts that she could not translate. She did a great job, and the group understood us clearly. When I told them about the prophecies about the people at the ends of the earth I could feel the Holy Spirit’s presence strongly. This group is very new, and they feel timid and insignificant, but the Lord wants to use them, not only to bless their town and nation, but also the other nations in the world and Israel. As we shared about this more and more I could sense the witness in their spirits. They received this word by faith, even though their minds struggled to believe it, and I am looking forward to seeing them grow, and for the Light of Upernavik to be visible even in Africa.
They were also happy to give me a stone from their town, and they prayed for me and blessed me on my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment